Dusty Tapes: Can't Stop the Love

This is a mix tape I put together in 1999. In those days i was glued to the decks, and directly inspired by Mix Master Max (see previous post), I got into the art of finding two tunes from different genres and mixing them through to make a remix of the two tracks - a bit like mash-ups today i guess. Over time I had a whole bunch of these, all well rehearsed, with pitch speeds memorised, and this mix is a collection of all these live remix specials. I was dead proud of this tape at the time, and made a load of copies which I gave out. Some what upsettingly for me side B of this is blank, and I know there was another 45mins of these. If I can track down a full copy I'll update this.

Peshay - Pacific
Public Enemy - Don't Believe the Hype

Shy FX - Pandoras Box
Dillinja - Tronik Funk

Peshay - Theme
Tenorfly - Roughneck Fashion

Portishead - It Could Be Sweet
Dj Buz - Slave

Poets of Thought - The Rhyme Goes On
Noise Factory - Breakage #4

Iration Steppas - Rejection
Urban Shakedown - Some Justice

Hydroponics - Here Comes The Judge
Splash - Babylon

Moodyman - Black Mahogany
Dee Patten - Who's The Bad Man

Grab it here

No comments: