Dusty Tapes: Bass Persuasion

This one has been carbon dated to 1996, and was my first innocent stab at laying down some jamaican tunes. Thing was in those days i can't have had much more than a dozen dubwise tracks to my name - barely enough to fill a tape - what I had came mainly from dusty boxes in second hand furniture stores round my part of town. Despite that, I got lucky and picked up what I now know were some great tracks.

No tracklisting for this, but expect to hear some scientist, heptones, revolutionaries, lee perry wailers cuts, a couple of dancehall tracks, as well as some uk dub from disciples and shaka - all rounded of with a dose of junglism, including a bit of guy called gerald. Nice for me to have this for prosperity, but hope its entertaining enough a listen for you too.



No comments: